Your Case is Not Lost, Appeal Now!
Erroneous judgements may be reversed on appeal, if your case suffered an adverse judgment, call today to speak about filing for appeal
An Appellate lawyer represents a client in a case that has been turned over to a higher court for review.
What is an appeal?
In general, here’s what you need to know about an appeal:
– An appeal is a challenge of an earlier decision that’s presented to a higher court for review.
– Appeals generally are based on procedural errors that take place at the trial level.
– The appellate courts review the rulings of law to decide whether these errors had an impact on the result or made the trial unfair.
– Note that the appellate courts review only the legal aspects of a case; they don’t reopen the facts of a case already found by the lower court.
– Appellate courts won’t consider legal arguments that weren’t mentioned, or weren’t objected to, by counsel at the lower court level.
– The appellate court will only grant relief if the erroneous ruling was harmful to the outcome.
If a court ruled in your case and you feel there was a mistake made, your case was dismissed without proper procedure or the penalty was too harsh, we can work with you on producing a better result.
Most Lawyers do not practice this type of law and therefore it is imperative for you to have a lawyer that has in-depth knowledge and expertise on the topic.
When something goes wrong in a trial, the appellate Lawyer helps the client by filing a Notice of Appeal and drafting an Appellate brief to point out those issues so that a higher court may make a judgment based on the issues raised during the pre-trial and trial, normally no new evidence may be introduced in the appeal process.
Appeals can be complicated and complex, call us now to schedule a free consultation +1 888 611 1177